Lodging for the Roundtable will be arranged separately from the event and is not included in the price of registration. Each attendee will be responsible for making a decision on where to stay and booking that option personally. However, the Roundtable organizers have researched a few options for you to consider as follows:
Address: 530 W. North Ave, Lombard, IL 60148
Distance From Conference Venue: 2.7 miles
Price: There is a block rate available for Roundtable attendees of $89/night if you book before September 1st. Both room options also include a pull out sofa-bed.
Address : 1250 Roosevelt Rd, Glen Ellyn, IL 60137
Distance From Conference Venue: 3.3 miles
Price: There is a block rate available for Roundtable attendees of $109/night if you book before September 24th. Breakfast is included.
Fairfield Inn & Suites
Address: 645 W. North Ave. Lombard, IL 60148
Distance From Conference Venue: 1.8 miles
Price: There is a block rate available for Roundtable attendees of $131/night if you book before October 9th by clicking the link above. If you are attending the Roundtable with a group and would like to stay together and split the cost of accommodations, this could be a good option. Breakfast is included.
These options have been provided for your convenience, but you are completely free to engage other options for your lodging. Here are some other things you might consider:
- AirBnB: We recommend searching in Wheaton, IL, Lombard, IL, or Glen Ellyn, IL for accommodations a convenient distance from the conference venue.
- VRBO, similar to Air BnB.
- Staying at a friend’s house who may live close enough to the venue
- Performing your own online search of nearby hotels and motels with websites such as Kayak.com
*Rates listed here do not include taxes and other fees. If you have a tax-exempt number make sure to present that when reserving the room or at least when you checkout.
- Breakfast: Free hot breakfast is included at all three hotels with Roundtable block rates. See Travel & Lodging page for more information on how to book a discounted room as part of the Roundtable block.
- Lunch: Lunch is included in your registration rate for the Roundtable. Those paying full conference registration will receive lunch for Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Those registering for a single day of the conference will receive lunch for the day they attend.
- Each day attendees will have a choice from three different lunches including one vegetarian option.
- Dinner: Dinner is at your own cost. There are many options for dining near the venue, with downtown Glen Ellyn only a few minutes drive.
- There will be several Affinity Dinners offered on Wednesday and Thursday night where you can join in a time of fellowship and conversation around a theme or topic. More information on Affinity Dinners will be available closer to the date of the Roundtable. No advance sign up is required.
- Snacks and beverages will be available throughout your time at the Roundtable. This is included in your registration.
Flying Into Chicago
Chicago has two airports, O’Hare and Midway. Both are approximately the same distance from the conference venue, Parkview Community Church, so feel free to choose either airport as your destination.
If you choose not to rent a car for your time in Chicago, you can travel from the airport to your hotel or the conference venue by taxi, Uber, or Lyft. You’re likely to pay $45- $60 each way.
Getting to the Conference Each Day
Uber or Lyft
If you choose not to rent a car for your time in Chicago, and are staying at a hotel close to the conference venue, you can take an Uber or Lyft. This will cost you $10-$15 for each trip.
Free Shuttles available
If you choose to stay at the Crowne Plaza hotel in Glen Ellyn, a free shuttle provided by the hotel will be available to take you to and from the conference venue.
If you choose to stay at either the Comfort Suites or Fairfield Inn & Suites, a free shuttle provided by local partner churches will be available take you to and from the conference venue.
The city of Chicago has many unique tourist opportunities for your to explore! Check out options both in the city and surrounding area here.